Carnaval Videos

Before my maternity leave ended, we traveled as a family to Quebec City to experience the winter “Carnaval”.  I’ve been celebrating almost yearly, nearly all my life, in French schools in London, Toronto, and Ottawa. I finally got to experience “the real thing”.  My daughters and I created some French Adobe Spark videos about our experiences.  It was a bit of a homework assignment for them.  Plus, the videos are  supportive of a current French project I’m involved in.  It’s my first go at creating some media.  It was simple and a lot of fun.

You can find the collection here, as well as our latest video (hot off the press) for days 5, 6 and 7 below…

Days 1 & 2  The long voyage, where we stayed, Effigies, Zone Lotto Québec, the Ice Castle, Bonhomme Carnaval, Monde de Bonhomme, des crêpes, et magasiner!

Day 3  Snow Sculpture voting (the National Contest), shopping for ceintures fléchées, la tire, Camp à Jos, Grande Allée, tour by horse carriage in the old city, Château Frontenac, de la poutine.

Day 4  A more somber day – a trip through the mountains to Baie St. Paul and the Quebec City Mosque Attack Vigil in Saint Foy.

Days 5, 6 & 7  More snow sculptures (the International Contest), shopping rue St. Jean and Cartier, a trip to Valcartier to do some tubing and see the Ice Hotel and Carnaval at night.

I hope you enjoy them, they are getting a lot of views to the delight of my children!  Please bookmark this page for future use.

Comments and questions are welcome.  Si ils sont en français, nous répondrons en français!

Enjoy!

One Response

1. Julie Chaplin at |

Qu’est-ce qu’on fait s’il y a pas assez de neige?
    A quelle heure est-ce vos filles sont allees au lit pendant le voyage?
    Quelle etait votre nourriture favorite?
    Est-ce que le pere parle francais?
    Qui porte le costume de Bonhomme?
    Est-ce qu’on peut manger l’hotel de glace?
    Quelle etait votre activite favorite?

Merci
    La classe de Mme Chaplin (5e)